Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The dark power of the prank...

The comments about this prank segue from "ha ha" through Godwin Land to a level of hysteria that a cheap five minute prank doesn't begin to explain.

I am of course a professional supervillain myself, and even I wasn't able to stomach reading all NINE PAGES of flames.

Can one of you professional comic artist defenders explain just what was so dire and evil about it. I mean, really, I could use the tips. Should I prank the Flash instead of siccing my hypervibrating superleeches on him?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger turaho said...

People are up in arms because:

1) Yellow Hat think he is owed a personal apology because Liefeld is a bad artist

2) He thought the best way to make this point was to be an asshole to Liefeld, and

3) He bragged about his actions as if he had won some moral victory.

It was the powerful stench of entitlement, douchebaggery and self-aggrandizement coming from Yellow Hat that brought out half of the comics internet like sharks to chum. For a day, YH was the representative of the worse parts of comic fandom.

It says a lot about how fucked up comic fandom truly is that there are so many people that can't even see what he did wrong.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home